Tuesday 14 May 2013

Inspiration: Village Green


 
 

I'm still here!
I've been busy catching up with paper work and preparing shop orders (thank you!).
And, of course, the weather has been so lovely the last couple of days, it's hard not to want to enjoy our wild, and slightly overgrown garden.

  

I woke up early this morning and walked round the house, bowl of French coffee in hand. Such beautiful light and shadows first thing (the first photo here is actually of the reflection in our pool!) 


I think this is probably the best time of the year here, everything's so green and alive. Soon the sun will come and scorch this Southern land.


I'm still walking round the village twice a day, as well as walking back and fro from school with the kids. I'm on a health drive and loving how I feel.



If only I had a bit of extra money to buy this property that has just come on the market. It's just down the lane and brimming with oldworldly charm - sigh!

Voilà, some local news from the sunny south.

à bientôt !


11 comments:

  1. I love your updates from France, D! Great snap shots of the beautiful countryside and the early morning sunshine. Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to live here, although it's a little too quiet for me. Just trying to enjoy the simple things in life!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! I love this time of year in France,the poppies & the irises ! What a lovely place to walk....happy healthy spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally. The poppies and irises are actually on their way out, although we haven't had brilliant weather. Figs soon!

      Delete
  3. Awesome photos! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so lovely where you live and your poppies are flowering already {looking forward to poppies in our garden again this year} ..... and we want that house too!
    enjoy your sunshine - we've had some lovely days here in devon too but alas, it's grey and rainy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk past that house 8 times a day, it's hidden behind high stone walls and I love it (only 200,000 EUR!)

      Delete
  5. Belas paisagens! Transmitem paz e sossego! Gosto dessas fotos para conhecer locais diferentes dos meus! Obrigada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello , discovering your blog today , and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking me there - summer is near :)

    Filippa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!